OpenDrive

Deep Purple

Deep Purple (mp3)

Steinway D

Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Favorite Top 15 Songs

1.    I Left My Heart in San Francisco (Tony Bennett)
2.    People (B. Streissand)
3.    Unforgettable (Nat Cole)
4.    One Less Bell to Answer (M. McCoo, Fifth Dimension)
5.    We’ve Only Just Begun (The Carpenters)
6.    You Belong to Me (Jo Stafford)
7.    If Ever I Would Leave You (Robert Goulet, fr. Camelot)
8.    Chances Are (Johnny Matthis)
9.    Autumn in New York (Sara Vaughan)           
10.  I’ve Got You Under My Skin (Frank Sinatra)
11.  Beyond the Sea (Bobby Darin)
12.  Friendly Persuasion (Pat Boone)
13.  Moon River (Andy Williams, fr. Breakfast at Tiffany’s)
14.  Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon & Garfunkle)
15.  Lullaby of Birdland (Ella Fitzgerald)                       


        Above is a short list of 15 top megahits of all time.  Admittedly, they are my favorites, but surely anyone over 50 would have to admit that they are all giant hits from various times in American pop music history.  There are others to be added, and I'm here inviting you to make recommendations to expand this list to perhaps 25 or 30.  What do you think?  

      In case you're interested, you might visit my music website at  www.ChrisWhalenMusic.com

No comments: